Joining us at The River Range Music Fest?? We can’t wait!
We want ALL of our visitors and helpers to be safe so do have some things that you should know.
Please review the following rules, and frequently asked questions before making the journey. We know there are some 'Nos' in this list but your safety and enjoyment is important to us.
Any other questions? Email Us!
General Festival Rules
- Festival GATES will officially open on Saturday the 14th January, 2017 at 11:30am.
- Camping entry from 10:00am to get in and set-up before main gates open.
- Festival will conclude at the end of the last artist- Approx. 1.30am.
- Festival GATES will be a ONE – WAY policy from 7.30pm . Which means – No entry to the River Range Music Fest after 7.30pm. So if you would like to leave after 7.30pm then unfortunately you will not be allowed back in to the grounds.
- If you leave the festival during the day and would like to return before 7.30pm you will be required to purchase another admission ticket at the point of re-entry.
- R18 – Unless accompanied by your legal parent or guardian- ID will be required.
- No Wristband No Alcohol!!
- ALCOHOL will be available between the hours of 12pm- 12.30am. There will be a couple of bar closures through the later hours, due to new licensing requirements.
- No BYO ALCOHOL, this includes in the camping area and carpark areas.
- PUBLIC INTOXICATION will not be tolerated - Bar staff, event staff & security will take a zero tolerance stance - which will result in festival goers being escorted to the exit.
- NO FIREWORKS!
- NO WEAPONS!
- NO BYO FOOD OR WATER - Unless approved by security- specialty food such as Baby Food for small children and fluid will be accepted.
- NO GLASS! River Range is a glass free festival- so please keep a hold of your plastic cups, when finished please dispose of them in the recycle bins located all around the festival grounds.
- NO FIGHTING! (If you are involved in a fight both parties will be asked to leave)
- NO FIRES due to the nature of the Central Otago dry climate the fire risks will be extreme. This includes any cooking in camp site, sorry we can't take the risk.
- YES you can smoke, but please use the SMOKERS buckets to dispose of your smoke butts!- please have some discretion when you are indulging as we will have families with small children.
- Security will have the right to search bags & person(s) deemed to be entering with goods the are prohibited.
- Due to the Festival Laws and Sale of Liquor Act, Alcohol is only permitted to be purchased inside the Festival designated areas. If you are caught trying to bring your own alcohol into the venue – you will be subsequently denied entry. Cars will be checked on entry, and any alcohol confiscated.
- Blankets, Camping Chairs, Sun Umbrella’s, Sun Shades, Empty Drink Bottles are ALLOWED, but please take in to consideration blocking any views of fellow RR Festival goers, there is plenty of space to roam and plenty of great spots to set up - so utilise the whole grounds!.