Joining us at The River Range Music Fest? We can’t wait!
We want ALL of our visitors and helpers to be safe so do have some things that you should know.
Please review the following rules, and frequently asked questions before making the journey.
Any other questions? Email Us
General Festival Rules
- Festival GATES will officially open on Saturday the 24th February, 2017 at 1pm. Music starts at 1.30pm.
- Camping entry from 10am to get in and set-up before main gates open.
- No entry after 9pm, whether you have a ticket or not,
- Festival will conclude at the end of the last artist, approx. 12.30am.
- Festival GATES will be ONE–WAY from 9pm . Which means NO ENTRY festival after 9pm. So if you would like to leave after 9pm then unfortunately you will not be allowed back in to the grounds unless you are a camper.
- If you leave the festival during the day and would like to return before 9pm you will be required to purchase another admission ticket at the point of re-entry.
- R18 – unless accompanied by your legal parent or guardian - ID will be required.
- No Wristband No Alcohol!!
- ALCOHOL will be available between the hours of 1pm- 12am. There will be a couple of bar closures through the later hours due to new licensing requirements.
- No BYO ALCOHOL, this includes in the camping area and carpark areas.
- PUBLIC INTOXICATION will not be tolerated. Bar staff, event staff & security will take a zero tolerance stance, which will result in festival goers being escorted to the exit.
- NO FIREWORKS!
- NO FIRES! Due to the nature of the Central Otago dry climate the fire risks will be extreme. This includes any cooking in camp site, sorry we can't take the risk.
- NO WEAPONS!
- NO BYO FOOD OR WATER - Unless approved by security. Specialty food such as Baby Food for small children will be accepted.
- Light snack food is permitted. Labelled food such as takeaways ( Subway, KFC etc) will not be permitted.
- There will be plenty of water available at different areas within the festival.
- NO GLASS! River Range is a glass free festival so please keep a hold of your plastic cups. When finished please dispose of them in the recycle bins located all around the festival grounds.
- NO FIGHTING (If you are involved in a fight both parties will be asked to leave).
- YES you can smoke, but please use the SMOKERS buckets to dispose of your smoke butts!- please have some discretion when you are indulging as we will have families with small children.
- Security will have the right to search bags & person(s) deemed to be entering with goods that are prohibited.
- Due to the Festival Laws and Sale of Liquor Act, Alcohol is only permitted to be purchased inside the festival at designated areas. If you are caught trying to bring your own alcohol into the venue you will be subsequently denied entry. Cars will be checked on entry, and any alcohol confiscated.
- Blankets, Camping Chairs, Sun Umbrellas, Sun Shades, Empty Drink Bottles are ALLOWED, but please take in to consideration blocking any views of fellow RR Festival goers. There is plenty of space to roam and plenty of great spots to set up, so utilise the whole grounds!.